A Powerful Color-Enhancing Diet developed after considerable research into the nutritional requirements of bettas.
Hikari® Betta Bio-Gold® has been developed after considerable research into the eating habits and nutritional requirements of bettas. This floating pellet has been carefully balanced to meet the nutritional needs of your pet. The inclusion of premium-select fish meal which provides a superior protein source, Astaxanthin, which helps enhance coloration, Grape Seed Extract (polyphenol), which has been shown to reduce the impacts of aging and Spirulina, which naturally offers a high concentration of usable vitamins, make this a daily diet perfectly suited for bettas and their high stress nature. Developed, produced and packaged in our facilities so we can be assured you’ll always get the ®Hikari quality you expect!
- Optimally Balanced Nutrition Bettas Require
- Contains Ingredients Uniquely Beneficial To Bettas
- Floating Pellet
- Allows easy monitoring of amount eaten
- Helps eliminate over-feeding
- Reduces water quality problems
- More economical
- Will not cloud the water
- Expect Natural, Brilliant Colors
- Rich in natural color enhancers
- Bio-Technology provides superior color enhancement
- Reduces color fading
- Contains Stabilized Vitamin C
- Supports immune system health
- Promotes a long, healthy life
Bettas are called “fighting fish” because the males fight with one another. You should never keep males together for this reason, but can keep a single betta with other non-aggressive fish in a larger aquarium. Keep your water at a low to moderate acidity and maintain a temperature between 73°F (23°C) and 81°F (27°C) free of drafts or rapid temperature changes. Change some water weekly with a water conditioner to remove chloramines, chlorine and ammonia that is the same temperature as the water you are replacing.